This party was supposed in the backyard with the big bounce castle. On the day of the party it was raining and I hate to admit it just in case my family is reading, but eve a little snow. We had planned to change venues in case of inclement weather, but Madeline didn't like the idea of anyone being at the party that she didn't "invite." We scrambled the night before. Bless Darin's heart for all his help. Actually, bless Darin's heart always, but today I was particularly grateful. We made necklaces and I was a little surprised how much the boys liked it. I told them they could make them for their mom, each insisted it would be for "him."
Musical chairs, two chairs short...
The parachute: thank goodness no one broke a bone...
I had "big plans" for the cake, it's always a big part of the party for me. Madeline saw this one at the store and knew it was the one for her. Everytime we go to the grocery store she wants to head over to the bakery to pick out her Birthday cake. After a year of contemplation this was the "winner."
Wednesday, May 14, 2008
The Home Grown Party
Posted by Sunshine at 2:12 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So cute! you're such a great mom. I bet she loved her party.
Madeline looks SO much like Savvy in this last pic. it's crazy. And I cannot believe she is already 5!!! She's getting so big, so fast! By the way...SNOW?? I knew it!!!
Post a Comment