Thursday, July 24, 2008

A Word about Proportions


My sister was just here visiting me. She came to our house after our trip to the mountains for the 4th of July. We had such a great time. I am still waiting for the pictures, so I can post more. While she was here she made the comment that I feed my kids such small proportions and maybe they weren't getting enough to eat. I assured her that they were and reiterated to her how I hate wasting anything especially food. All of my kids are keenly aware that kids are starving around the world, and it doesn't feel good to waste. This is something I am pretty sure comes from 11 years of schooling and lean days. I hope this never leaves me and sinks into my kids. Anyhow, a week later my neighbor came over and saw the dinner I was feeding my kids, she didn't comment at the time but later mentioned to me that she can't believe how little my kids eat. You can imagine I was surprised to be hearing this again. Again, I went over the whole, "kids starving around the world and waste thing." I let her know, they are always welcome to come back for more, and I didn't think my kids went away hungry. So, fast forward to this morning. My sweet son Easton came into my room and said, "mom, go back to bed." Well I have been around long enough to know what this means. I rolled back over and tried to go back to sleep. He happily comes back to my room, and announces that I get to relax this morning because he has made breakfast for "everyone." This is the breakfast he has preset on each person's plate. Mmmmmm, maybe I ought to rethink this thing. One thing I know for sure I do love that boy to pieces.

5 comments:

Allred Fam said...

so funny....

Ali said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Ali said...

what is that? a piece of banana? what a great story...just to add to your story. After having dinner w/ you guys the other week,Jack came back home and asked for "dinner again" because you guys just had a "snack". Makes sense to me know....you know us, we LOVE to eat!!

Janene said...

That's hilarious! That was so sweet of Easton. Carson said to me this morning after I gave him a big bowl for his cereal and wondered if it was too big, "I can eat it. I usually eat 2 or 3 bowls of cereal." And believe me, not much is wasted here...

Casey and Brynn said...

That is really funny!